CREATING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE
A first step in creating a culture of excellence and enhanced academic achievement is to provide expectations and training for every staff member based on compassion and understanding for the children and parents served by the school. The four-day Creating a Culture of Excellence training will provide an opportunity for all Harlem Link Charter School staff members to experience and embody principles that will positively impact the personal and professional lives of the course participants and, as a result, enhance the participation and success of Harlem Link’s children and parents.
In that the lessons presented are universal and require school-wide acceptance in order to fully impact the school culture, the Creating a Culture of Excellence training is appropriate and relevant for all school staff members.
CONTENT, BENEFITS AND OUTCOMES
- Each staff member taking responsibility for their role in a student’s behavior, social/emotional well-being and academic achievement
- Each staff member taking responsibility for the quality of relationship they have with each individual parent, student and fellow employee they encounter
- Promoting cooperation and connectedness through empathy, understanding and appreciation for the cultural differences of parents, students and fellow staff members by learning and embodying:
- How to really listen to others
- How to reflect before acting in order to make choices that benefit oneself and others
- How to accept rather than judge others
- Recognizing and understanding specific cultural traits of representative parents and students as they relate to social interaction and academic achievement
- Communicating assertively rather than being habitually passive or aggressive
- Managing stress
- Resolving Conflict Peacefully
- Sharing challenges, concerns and advice with fellow staff members
- Four full day (9:00-3:00) school based training sessions, meeting twice a week over a two-week period for approximately 50 staff members.
- Interactive facilitation will take place for the total group as well as in smaller breakout groups.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
- Dr. Rosenbaum will present the training with the support of a co-facilitator and two assistants
- Each participant will receive a copy of Dr. Rosenbaum’s book, Education for Transformation which serves as the course text.
- The fee of $10,000 includes the facilitation and assistance of Education for Excellence staff and all relevant materials and handouts
- There is a $975.00 fee ($19.95 x 50) for the 50 copies of Education for Transformation that will be used by each participant
EDUCATION FOR EXCELLENCE
- For the past 19 years, Education for Excellence has presented Leadership Trainings to more than 4500 New York City public school parents, teachers and support personnel.
For more information, please call (800) 591-5988 or email email@example.com